As the weather warms up, outdoor Weddings become extremely popular. Many brides and grooms enjoy the great outdoors due to the intimate nature. Outdoor weddings can be amazing with the proper planning and production elements. Below are some key elements to outdoor weddings, that are generally overlooked without the proper planning.
- Be sure you have a back-up plan. High winds and thunder storms with lightning, will 99% of the time put a hold on or move your wedding in-doors. A tent is not a permanent structure, high winds could lift the tent.
- A larger tent is better, consider that most guests prefer to have room to move.
- Consider adding a flooring structure on uneven surfaces. No one wants to eat sitting on a hill.
- Be sure you have rented a generator for power. A small generator typically sold at a big box store is not nearly enough power for a band, lighting, catering, photographers, videographers, etc.
- Be sure to have some sort of ambient lighting for the tent. Flood lights will attract numerous moths, etc. Consider LED lighting to create any color at anytime during your wedding.
- Be sure to rent a dance floor, a white dance floor always makes a huge impact under a white tent.
- Consider adding a custom monogram decal to the dance floor for that added touch.
- Catering and bar tents will always need white lighting for general prep.
- Consider lighting the pathways or up-lighting the trees near the tent…this adds an amazing look and is a great way to wow guests one last time before they leave.
- Be sure all your guests can hear clearly.
- Don’t forget to check with your local city to check on permit requirements.
Above are just a few things to consider when having an outdoor wedding or event. Always be sure to ask your vendors questions. If your planning an outdoor wedding be sure to call us with any questions, we are here to help make your wedding extra special!